In this digital age, there are different types of note-taking apps because note-taking plays a major role in different professional and personal tasks. You may be a student, or you may be an employee during your study time or working time; you will have to use note-taking apps to make your task very creative, neat and clear.
Since 2014, Microsoft OneNote has been the most popular app used to take notes; it helps people to note down the information that might be important for another day. But with the development of numerous technologies, OneNote alternatives have been designed with unbelievable features. Today, we will explore the best alternatives in 2023 to the One Note application.
Some different features in these apps were the reason they became more popular worldwide. So, with that popularity, app developers update their applications with modern features. So people use these applications to enhance their note-taking experience with very creative tools, designs and user-friendly interfaces. If you are a college student or employee of any profession, you can use these OneNote alternatives to make your notes more beautiful.
What is One Note?
MS One Note is a note-taking app developed by MS Office developers as a digital note-taking application, and you can create well organized notes and share your notes, different ideas and all other details in one place.
You can recognize different tabs, such as tags to do, different formatting for tables and texts, page tabs, insertions, and tags, as well as you can add voice clips. In addition to that, college students can work together by using shared notebooks. Whether you use IOS devices, Android devices, or Macs operating systems, you can get access and share all the information that you need.
Moreover, you have the chance to sign in to your account online from anywhere, as it runs on the cloud. So, in emergency situations, it will be more useful to take down your notes. However, despite how many features you have experienced with this application, OneNote alternatives have also become very useful for everyone who needs to keep their notes modified and clear. Now, Let’s see what these top 10 applications are.
Ten Best Onenote Alternatives to Make Creative Notes
In this chapter, we will delve into the ten best OneNote Alternative apps that you can use to have a better user experience. Let’s see what types of features you can identify that are beneficial to becoming more popular than OneNote.
Evernote is one of the best alternative apps to OneNote, with incredible note-taking experience. You have the option to document management activities regarding your different projects worldwide. This application brings you nice options and tools to take down your notes in a well-designed single interface compared to other applications.
In addition, you have the option to categorize your notes and record audio notes. Moreover, it has options to clip web pages and attach different documents and images, as well as it is easy to organize details from various sources. Evernote is useful and included in OneNote alternatives as a very powerful tool that allows you to take control of productivity.
- Collaboration tools
- Document Storage
- Mobile Access
- Documentation management
- Sharing files
- Manage different tasks
- Version Control
- Access controls
- Permission Management
- Professionals have the option to manage meeting notes more efficiently than other OneNote Alternatives.
- Students can take down their notes in a very organized way
- This application allows small business owners and entrepreneurs to streamline their workflow.
- Best app for personal usage
- There are different options to capture information from various sources.
- Sometimes, you should explore third-party plugins for extra functions for specific activities.
- You have to pay for teams or organizations with more than ten members.
- Personal ($12.99 per month, $8.33 billed annually)
- Professional – ($14.99 per month billed, $10.83 billed annually)
- Teams ( $11.67 per user only)
The Notion is another application best for project management, and it empowers lots of user benefits, like other OneNote alternatives. This note-taking application has the option to create projects, add different documents and build both complex and simple pages.
In addition, this application unlocks different possibilities for customization and offers dashboards and wikis, so it allows users to receive a clear overview and track tasks easily. You have the option to get AI assistance as a help to enhance the high-quality content creation process.
- Team projects- collaborative tools
- Able to customize templates
- It has the most useful options- app embeds, texts, images
- Highlighting essential emails
- Auto learning opportunity
- Smart multi- swiping
- Android and IOS apps
- One of the best note-taking tools included in OneNote alternatives with lots of features.
- Users are able to use AI assistance to improve the content creation process.
- Ensure cutter-free workspace
- Flexible pricing
- Mobile application is important, but it could benefit from improvements.
- Offline mode is limited.
- Enterprise(Contact nation
- Business ($15 – per user annually billed($18 – monthly billed)
- Plus ($8 per user annually billed -$10 monthly billed)
- You can receive paid subscriptions and different customized subscriptions.
Notability is a fantastic application that comes under OneNote alternatives, which is famous among tablet users. This is mostly useful for digital enthusiasts and students who need to create handcraft drawings and stylish graphic designs in your application.
So, artistic people, professional artists, and students can use this application as a canvas to make their drawings more creative. This app has the option to share your notes with team members by using Dropbox, Google Drive, Airpod, etc. It can create content according to user requirements, and you can receive verbal or written comments,
- Handwriting recognition
- Managing notes
- Collaboration tools
- Drag & Drop
- Comments (voice/ written)
- File sharing
- Project management
- Sketching and drawing options are available
- Journals and yearly plans organization
- Best application of OneNote alternatives for sketching and graphic drawings with stylus
- Very organized and user-friendly experience
- Comprehensive management tools come with new prices
- Expensive subscription plan
- Notability Plus (Price changes according to regions)
Zoho Notebook note-taking alternative application is a type of digital-based notebook that gives a superior user experience. This application is used by both professionals and college students as well as other people.
This has the option to save your files, images, notes, and audio clips securely in the cloud, and you can view them from anywhere. Its features allow you to keep very organized notes, and you can protect your notes using Touch ID and passcodes. This also has user-friendly options and AI assistance, which may be a good reason to popularize this as one of the best OneNote alternatives.
- User-friendly interface
- Sketch functions available
- AI Assistant
- Organization of notes
- Note sharing available
- Availability of touch ID and passcode security
- Personalized notes
- Tagging system for searching
- Cross-platform availability (IOS & Android devices )
- Mobile friendly
- Available different personalize options
- Cloud-based high-security storage options
- Limited editing options
- No handwriting recognition feature
- Not supported as a work collaboration tool
- Pro ($19.99 annually)
Google Keep is also a very similar application to OneNote. It is crafted by Google Chrome, and it has options to keep digital notes and reminders. This tool is designed with a user-friendly interface and provides the best experience for creating and organizing notes. In addition, you can access it from multiple windows and IOS devices.
Best OneNote alternatives have the best tools for easily categorizing your notes with customized features; this app also has options to prepare to-do lists and set reminders on your PC or phone. Moreover, your team can work together on the same task and location without any problems. This is integrated with Google Docs, Drive, Gmail and Google Calendar.
- User-friendly interface
- Notes organization
- Can access from multiple devices
- Customize note-taking
- You can get access from multiple devices
- You can keep customized notes and set reminders
- Integrates with Google apps
- Not suitable for long-form notes
- Limited formatting tools
Roam Research is designed as a networked cognition tool, and it improves mind mapping. Every note has text links, and unlike OneNote, this application uses a graph database interface that has options to create bi-directional links and transform different notes into different interconnected nodes.
In addition, it consists of various structures than OneNote, which is why this is very special among people, so people these days mostly search for the best OneNote alternatives in 2023 for free. Let’s see what are the special features of this application.
- Advanced note organization tool
- Writers, graduate students, and researchers mostly use this app
- Create mind maps using bidirectional connecting features
- Best for knowledge graph thinkers
- Graphic database interface
- Has customized features for mind mapping
- High price
- Manual data protection is required
- The app provides a one-month free trial
- believer plan – $ 500- 5 years
- Pro plan – $15 (starting price)
Good Note is one of the best OneNote alternatives designed for students to share educational materials and a kind of social app. It creates a collaborative educational environment worldwide. It has no extra costs, and it allows users to create user profiles and share different documents. As this focuses on students, it has no customized features.
- Totally free for students worldwide
- You can use Flashcard study mode
- It is a Social app, and you can create a profile to share documents
- Can gain good experience in digital note-taking
- Best application to share academic materials
- Lack of features for complex project management
- No customize features
Confluence is a very cheap application included in OneNote alternatives, which is a type of remote-friendly tool that creates a project collaboration workplace. This app consists of 100+ templates to develop projects, and it has different work organization options such as Trello boards, roadmaps, and Jira issues. If your company has a large staff, it is better to use this application. As this has the AI Assistance option, you can get help for making your content and notes very creative.
- Low budget application
- Open linked systems
- Centralized works
- Best for organizations with many members
- Collaboration and knowledge management tool
- Available different project management features.
- It isn’t very effective
- It has lots of benefits for individuals and small groups
- Free up to 10 users
- Standard ($5.75 per month)
- pro (S11- per user month)
Simplenote is a very user-friendly application that allows you to organize ideas and thoughts. Simplenote is a powerful platform for preparing, editing and sharing different documents and notes across your devices.
This app provides collaboration tools, markdown support, searching capabilities, tagging and version history. This application is a well-developed tool among all OneNote Alternatives for content creators as this app allows users to publish notes after writing them in Markdown format.
- Use the tagging system for note organization
- Available collaboration tools
- Good for content creators
- Simple and user-friendly
- Available cross-device access
- Markdown enthusiasts have markdown format options.
- Lacks robust functionality
- It doesn’t provide any task management features
Click Up is a more useful application among all OneNote alternatives. It’s a productivity tool for collaborating teams, managing workload, updating projects and a user-friendly app. You can experience good editing options in Click app Docs, as in teamwork, you can use whiteboard options during team tasks. You can prepare attractive outlined wikis, roadmaps and agendas using this application. Sometimes, this app is more advanced for users who search for simple applications for OneNote.
- Fully customizable
- Mobile app
- 24/7 customer support
- Global time tracking
- User friendly
- Powerful Note-taking features
- More customizable tracking mechanisms
- No phone support
- Complex pricing structure
- $5 starting rate to get advanced features
- Free forever plan
Frequently Ask Questions
A few questions that need to be clarified about OneNote alternatives are as follows.
Is there a better alternative to OneNote?
Evernote(Best OneNote alternative application) Take your best user experience with note-taking, the best free OneNote alternative, which is designed to aid the creation and organization of notes for worldwide users in every field.
Is Onenote free 2023?
As all alternatives of OneNote are free to use and download, certain premier features can be unlocked with Microsoft Office 2019.
Can I still use OneNote after 2025?
One Note for Windows 10 will not be offered new updates but will support it reaches the end of support in October 2025
What Is Google Competitor for Onenote?
Google Keep and Keep Notes are similar note-taking tools to the OneNote application. Keep notes have the same functions, including the option to pin images in a notebook or share notes and task lists with collaborators.
Is there a free version of Microsoft OneNote?
OneNote is free for different platforms such as Windows, IOS, Mac and Android. You need a paid subscription for the full version of OneNote in the MS Office suite.
What is better OneNote or Evernote?
OneNote is better than Evernote because of its different features, and it has the options of Video capturing and dictation that Evernote lacks. However, Evernote has great features, that’s why it has become popular.
These OneNote alternatives are our best ten applications, which are picked from famous note-taking applications. Professionals or college students who need to take down their notes very neatly, beautifully and clearly can try out these applications. These tools have many options for editing and customizing different features. Whether you are an individual or a team, you can choose an application according to your needs. Say bye to books and papers.